Monday 25 June 2012

Did the participants survive without their cars? The results may surprise you…

12 bikes. 12 riders. 12 cars left at home.
Did the participants survive without their cars?
The results may surprise you…

Join us for a challenge wrap-up presentation on
Wednesday, June 27th from 12:00pm – 1:00pm
in Kitchener City Hall Rotunda.
Light refreshments will be provided.
You are welcome to drop in or leave early.
Click here to add this to your calendar (click open, save and close)

What are participants saying about the challenge?

·         "I can't remember the last time I felt so amazingly alive."
·         Since the beginning of June, I've lost 2 lbs and feel great physically.
·         I have a great support group. Thanks to all my peeps for encouraging me and following my blog posts.
·         After cycling in to work in the mornings, I feel awake, energized, and ready to start my day.
·         Shockingly, a side benefit to biking to work has been a decrease in my coffee intake (down from 6-8 cups to just 1-2 cups).
·         Is biking the new yoga? Who knows. All I know is that riding to work lets me clear my head and prepare for the day.
·         I can't say enough how much more energized I feel during the day.  I notice it in my productivity at work and at home.
·         So many positive things have come out of biking to work that I can't see myself ever stopping!
·         and lots more!

If you have any questions or comments regarding the Bike2Work Challenge, please feel free to contact Josh Joseph. I hope to see you out on Wednesday!

Regards,

Josh Joseph             
Transportation Demand Management Coordinator
City of Kitchener, Transportation Services
200 King Street West, Kitchener, ON
P.O. Box 1118  |  N2G 4G7

P: 519-741-3400 ext. 3167
F: 519-741-2747
TTY: 1-866-969-9994

1 comment:

  1. Congrats and thanks for sharing your stories. Really you all should keep this blog going. Make it the challenge that started in 2012 :)

    Anyways how many of you pass this test written by @robertmcintosh. You know you're a bike nut if you score at least 50% - http://waterloobikes.ca/2011/07/20/top-10-signs-you-are-a-bike-nut/

    Happy peddling

    ReplyDelete