Tuesday 12 June 2012

"Traffic was busy, but all cars were respectful..."

Well, after picking up my bike last week, I rode home after work.   It took less time than I thought it would to go the 7 kms, but then again, I have never had such a smooth riding bike before.   The bike ride was so nice, it felt like I was just flying home.    I could not believe how smooth the ride was  -- I just wanted to keep going.    This morning, (Tuesday) it was a bit more tender sitting on the bike as I could feel a few muscles that I forgot that I had but I still enjoyed the bike ride in to work.    Traffic was busy, but all cars were respectful and gave me the necessary space I needed.    The weather has been co-operative so far and the hills that I have had to climb are giving me a good work out.   By the end of this challenge, I will have increased my fitness level.   I am noticing a number of other cyclists out there going in different directions and I think this challenge is making me more aware of how many people are actually biking already!   Good for them for being ahead of the game!   This is such a great opportunity and I really feel privileged to be a part of it.   Give me a wave if you see me biking on the streets!       


- Terri R. from the City of Kitchener.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Terri! So far out of the posts I've read you've got the longest commute. It'll be tough to get out of bed on those cold wet mornings, so hopefully you don't get any of those!

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete