Monday 18 June 2012

Some Interesting Numbers


We're just past the halfway mark of the bike2work challenge and I thought it would be fun to go over some numbers. In the month of June...
  • I've biked 157 km
  • My fastest commute by bike was 23 minutes
  • I've completed eight roundtrips by bike
  • I've seen three rabbits
  • I almost ran over one squirrel
  • I've filed up my car with gas zero times
One thing that I've learned is that having the right equipment makes all the difference.  The bikes that we are using are great.  Mine weighs about a third less than my old mountain bike, and with the same energy, it seems to go about 50% faster.  Also, having sandle bags on the bike and not having to wear a backpack is a lot more comfortable, especially in the heat.  Speaking of heat, this week will be a good test!

- Alan P, Google

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alan - it's good to hear that you are saving money by not having to fill up the tank. For even longer distance commutes, many people are now turning towards e-bicycles - and again, no need to fill up! Keep up the great work and watch out for those squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoaaaa, 157 km!? You're a tank!

    ReplyDelete