Thursday 28 June 2012

The end? or just the beginning?

It's been a great month of cycling and none of it would have been possible without the generous support of Ziggy's Cycle - thank you for the bikes, the advice and for helping to grow the cycling community in Kitchener.

Also a big thank you to Josh for organizing the challenge - I can't imagine how much time he put in setting up the blog and making the video.

I ended the month on a high, having cycled every work day for the past 15 days.  In June I spent over 15 hours commuting by bike, and cycled over 300 km in the process.

I feel great and am looking forward to continuing to ride through the rest of the summer and fall.  This past week I've started getting more comfortable riding on busier roads like King and Weber, which has helped me to take a more direct route.  I am also excited to tackle the big hill near my house, which I had shied away from earlier in the month.

Lastly, to all the people that have supported me and all 12 of us through this challenge - thank you!  It's been great that so many people have been interested in how we are doing and if you've been thinking about cycling but haven't done it in a while, just go for it, you'll be glad you did.

- Alan P, Google

1 comment:

  1. What's wrong with the winter? Next challenge hold it in January! If you walk in the winter you can cycle!

    ReplyDelete