Sunday 24 June 2012

Things I learned in week 3


I keep learning new things about my commute, and I thought these ones were worth sharing.
  • I can decrease my overall commute distance by riding on weber or king for extended periods.  But the trails and side streets produce a slightly faster commute because I don't get stuck at traffic lights.
  • Not all drivers are watching for cyclists.  I narrowly avoided an accident with a vehicle that pulled right out in front of me as I was coming down a hill.
  • If you have flexibility in the time that you leave work, waiting out a storm can be worth it.  It was pouring when i went to leave on Thursday, but waiting 30 minutes allowed me to avoid almost all the rain.
  • Since the beginning of June, I've lost 2 lbs and feel great physically.
  • Having a shower available at work makes a huge difference to my attitude towards commuting by bike.  All employers should provide showers.
- Alan P, Google

No comments:

Post a Comment