Friday 22 June 2012

"I have gained confidence in my riding…"

My observations for week 3 of cycling commuting:
·         I don’t keep track of how many road crossings I have left anymore. I’m home before I even think about how much further I have to ride.
·         If a bell rings in the forest, everybody hears it!  My bell is small but mighty.
·         I have gained confidence in my riding… I now pedal while riding downhill rather than coasting or braking. My top speed so far is 38km/hr…(psst, mom, don’t read this out loud, just tell dad I don’t go over 15 km/hr)
·         The kids have stopped whining about walking to school and just ask which days they are walking now. This means I am winning. I like winning.
·         I have a great support group. Thanks to all my peeps for encouraging me and following my blog posts.
- Brenda V. from the City of Kitchener

No comments:

Post a Comment