Monday 11 June 2012

"It was a week of new habits..."


It was a week of new habits - gaining access to the City Hall bike cage, giving myself enough lead time to cycle to meetings, charting where I can get a shower at the KOF and where I can keep my bike there.

Even a one kilometer return trip on Wednesday was tricky dodging the rain.  On Thursday, my maiden voyage to the KOF timed in at 20 minutes but I crashed about half-way.  I learned the hard way that proper tire pressure is crucial ;-(  Oh well, the scars look worse than they actually are.  It was still so cool to be outside cycling from place to place.  And those saddle-bags - you can pack a lot in there - very handy.
Looking forward to starting Week 2!

I clocked about 29 km commuting Wed, Thu and Fri.



Wed - 2K: Home <--> City Hall
Thu  - 17K: Home -> City Hall -> KOF -> Home
Fri    - 10K: Home -> City Hall -> Breithaupt Park (I.T. off-site event) -> Ziggy's tune-up -> Home

- Greg K. from the City of Kitchener

1 comment:

  1. Greg, fantastic! I was delighted to see a familar face in this challenge. I'll be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete