Friday 22 June 2012

Ride the Lightning

Week 3 for me was a very enjoyable one. Despite a forecast of storms, the week started off with a number of sunny and very hot days. I've noticed that my muscles get a lot less sore from the biking now. On Tuesday evening I had a soccer game and felt that I was able to run for a much longer period of time without getting tired. Overall, I felt energized and alert throughout the week, which is something that I haven't had in a long time. On Thursday evening, the stormy forecast finally had some truth to it. There were deep puddles of water all over the roads and the rain was still coming down hard despite the forecast of less than 1mm. On top of that, there were extreme weather alerts warning for the possibility of hail and tornadoes. Thankfully none of that actually happened. I wasn't looking forward to the ride home in the rain, but once I got going, I really enjoyed it. After the humidity of the previous days, I was glad I could bike without feeling like I was in an oven! Thanks to the gear that I mentioned in my last post, I was still very comfortable during the commute and all of my stuff stayed dry! I definitely won't let the forecast have that much of an influence on my transportation choices in the future and would gladly venture out into the rain once again.
Keeping Things Dry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment