Thursday 7 June 2012

"I was soaked after 10 minutes, but I didn't care"

Yesterday was my first full day of riding and it was amazing in many ways.  It took me 30 minutes to commute in, and it felt great.  I even had a protein shake for breakfast (the first one I've ever made in my life), in honour of my healthy start.  I'm definitely glad that there are showers, as I worked up quite a sweat on my ride.  However, when it was time to go home, there was a storm outside with plenty of rain.  I stopped at Ziggy's Cycle to have my gears tuned - thanks Ziggy's - and proceeded to ride home in the rain.  I was soaked after 10 minutes, but I didn't care, I was having a blast riding down wet trails and roads. I was impressed by how well the bike functioned in the rain - I somehow expected the brakes to be less effective but they were solid.  I will admit that I had a hot shower when I got home!

- Alan P. from Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment