Tuesday 12 June 2012

"A lot of other bikers will wave and smile, which is nice in the morning..."



The past week on my new bike has been great! I've biked to and from work every day besides Monday morning (before we got the bikes). I also used the bike to travel around town for a soccer game at the Aud. By the time I get home tonight, I will have biked over 50km since picking up the bike from Ziggy's!

I am proud that I was able to accomplish this, but also surprised that I did not have to commit more time than I normally would have before and after work. I've discovered that biking to work is a physical activity that is enjoying, relaxing, and easy. I starting paying attention to which roads are not traffic heavy and really enjoyed taking some different routes to work. The Laurel and Iron Horse trails were really fun to ride on and there are a lot of friendly people that I saw along the way. A lot of other bikers will wave and smile, which is nice in the morning. Overall my legs are a bit sore, but I feel great and am looking forward to continuing with the challenge next week.

- Kyle A. from Desire2Learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment